Monday, October 15, 2012

The Wait - Trout Tickling - 4 Cool things.


“...of all the hardships a person had to face none was more punishing than the simple act of waiting.” 
― Khaled HosseiniA Thousand Splendid Suns


I realize I have been quiet.  Those who know me, know that this is not really my nature.  Let's just say that my nature has been altered in the past few months.  

We wait.  It's like being in the "waiting place" in Dr. Seuss' Oh the Places You'll Go!  "waiting around for a yes or a no" but not really.  I'm being unnecessarily dramatic because I wanted this post to have punch.  Look at me!  Quotes! Can you believe it??

The past 24 days have been spent waiting to hear from the Transplant team as to their BIG DECISION for Keith's future.  They told us between 3-4 weeks, they meet on Thursdays (! so call on Thursday night - hello!!) and we didn't hear last week so.....  Yeah.  That.  

So for now, not really much to report.  

Keith is going to his physiotherapy twice a week at Credit Valley Hospital.  Apple picking, fish tickling, and treadmill walking.  Yes, I said Fish Tickling.  Ask Keith.  It's actually hilarious.  I'll get a shot of him doing it and that will be the picture.  You really do have to laugh this out, its the only way.  This whole lung transplant thing really gives you new perspective on life, humour, and people.  


Keith - Tickling the Trout.  Google it.  You will thank me.  



And in "can you believe this happened?" news...

I received a note in the mail today from a lady in Victoria B.C. who had read my blog, her husband had seen a tweet about it, and he linked to it in his blog.  Four cool things in one sentence:

  • I received a note.  Handwritten.  In an envelope with a stamp even.  Cool.
  • People in B.C. are reading the blog and sharing it!  Loving that.  
  • Her husband actually linked to my blog in his blog.  (I am not a 'blogger' per se, but I get the sense in the "blogging" world that this is a good thing so I am listing it here as cool.)
  • Thats really only three things but hopefully few will notice.  The fourth could be that I managed to insert a link in there.  Nobody reads this far anyway...


1 comment:

  1. This is the blog post:

    http://myblogthatiwrote.blogspot.nl/2012/09/its-not-your-body-after-youre-dead.html

    Ron

    ReplyDelete